Our Nature Center staff will travel to your organization’s site to provide a convenient, fun, and interactive program for your participants in which students discover the primary similarities and differences of several classes of animals, including insects, arachnids, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals. They also learn about the basic needs of animals, such as food, water, shelter, space, and habitats. All programs include live animals that illustrate some basic animal characteristics.
- Program length: 120 minutes
- Minimum: 10
- Maximum: 50 participants
- Chaperones required: 1 chaperone per 15 students
- Cost: $300 per program
Please Provide the Following:
- Indoor space with sufficient room for Nature Center staff to set-up and move around during the program.
- Display table(s)
- Instructions on parking and where Nature Center staff are to meet the contact person or how to reach the program area.
Maryland State Curriculum
- Skills and Processes: 1.01.b, 1.02.b, 1.03.a
- Life Sciences: 3.06.a, 3.01.a, 3.01.d, 3.02.a
- K-ESS3-3, 1-LS3-1, 2-LS4-1, 3-LS2-1, 3-LS3-1, 4-LS1-1, 4-LS1-2