The purpose of the following procedure is to provide community organizations or individuals who wish to construct improvements in the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation’s parks with a format to submit a project proposal for review by the staff.
The organization’s representative should first discuss the proposed project with a Parks and Recreation staff member. The level of detail required will vary according to the type and scope of the project. The proposal must include appropriate plans and details. Please allow 30 days for processing.
(Bench, tree planting, education display, trail improvement, etc.)
Provide a detailed drawing or park map indicating the location of the proposed facilities. Also include, floor plans, catalog cuts, specifications, etc.
1. Proposals must be submitted well in advance of planned construction to allow 30 days
for staff review and approvals.
2. All facilities constructed on Frederick County property will be owned by the County.
3. The County will not be responsible for vandalism or maintenance of those facilities, which
are utilized exclusively by the organization unless prior written approval is obtained from
the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation.
4. All required permits must be obtained by the applicant. Examples include but are not
limited to, buildings, grading, electrical, plumbing, etc.
5. Depending upon the nature of the project, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), a Management or Joint-Use Agreement may
need to be prepared and signed by the organization and the County.
6. Upon request, additional copies and/or information may be required.
7. Depending upon the nature and scope of the project, approval may be needed by the
Parks and Recreation Commission and the County Executive. In such cases, the
organization will be allowed to present their proposal to the Parks and Recreation
Commission and the County Executive. This process may require additional review time
My initials here constitute my electronic signature
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field