Ground Use Information

  1. Current Parks and Recreation Openings and Closings

    Frederick County Parks and Recreation is continually updating cancellations and closings. Please understand that these decisions are evolving as new information and/or directives come through State of MD, FCG, and FCPS. Click here for the most up to date information
View All
Please read the following information before making a reservation:
  • A rental application form must be filled out in order to hold any activity on the grounds. Submit the request form to the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation Reservationist.
  • Alcohol by permit only
  • All fees must be submitted with application (Make fee checks payable to: Frederick County Treasurer).
  • Any of the 4 fee areas within the park may be selected.
  • Building interiors are not available. All buildings have designated museum or park usage.
  • Existing park items are to remain in place.
  • Grounds use may be during daylight hours only.
  • Please refer to the listed Calendar of Events for days when the park is reserved.
  • Public restroom building will be open. Additional portable toilet rental may be required.
  • Reservations are for park grounds use only in specific fee areas.
  • Reservations must be made at least 1 month in advance and up to 1 year in advance.
  • The Children’s Museum will have tours daily from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. during the museum season. Tours have not been an interference to any of the past rental groups.
  • The Manor Garden is restricted to a seating limit of 50 chairs.
  • The park will not provide chairs, tables, tents, PA system, etc.
  • The sale of goods and / or food at your function will require a Sales Permit, which can be obtained from the reservationist.
  • Trash cans with liners, mowing of the area to be used (weather permitting), a single water source, and a single electric outlet will be included.
  • Vendors (i.e., tent suppliers, caterers) are to remove their own trash.
If you have any questions, please contact the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation at 301-600-1646.